Advanced Protocol Analysis
Advanced Protocol Analysis (APA) gives students the knowledge and skills to evaluate individual packets as well as full network traffic captures for malicious traffic.
Students will be instructed in network packet creation and encapsulation as well as common protocol standards. These fundamentals will allow students to conduct and analyze network and protocol attacks in a lab environment.
MODULES IN THIS COURSE
• Module 1: Protocol Encapsulation
• Module 2: Packet Analysis Tools
• Module 3: CAM and ARP Spoofing
• Module 4: Application Protocols
• Module 5: CDP and SNMP
• Module 6: Network Discovery and Scanning
• Module 7: Security Onion
• Module 8: Malicious Traffic
• Module 9: Tunneling and Redirection
Cyber professionals preparing to enter positions or advanced training in the fields of pen testing, red teaming, or HUNT operations with existing system administration, networking, and/or cybersecurity backgrounds.
40 hours of course work, ideally to take place over 5 consecutive business days.
Course includes a certificate of attendance.