We currently have multiple Cyber Instructor roles available from Intermediate through Senior levels (Advanced UNIX Training and Advanced Windows Training).
Key Responsibilities and Performance Profile
The selected individuals will work as part of root9B’s Cyber Training team providing classroom instruction, demonstrating technical operations processes and performing student evaluations for a variety of customers in the DoD/Government sector. The instructors will be responsible for creating an environment conducive to learning, as well as monitoring student performance and ensure all academic and performance measurements are met within standards set forth in Job Qualifications Standards (JQS) defined by the customer.
The Cyber Instructors will be responsible for:
- Conducting assigned classes at time scheduled and within the assigned syllabus
- Creation, design and management of course content to include student guides, visual aids, course documentation and evaluation material.
- Monitor student performance during course and provides additional guided instruction to attempt to correct performance.
- Creation and maintenance of virtual machines and training networks.
- Manage all required equipment, material and facilities to include specific safety and security measures.
- Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree and 5 – 10 years experience in Engineering (Electrical/Software/Network), design, development, deployment, operations, training or maintenance.
- 3 + years experience with common programming languages (for example: Python, JAVA, HTML, PERL).
- System design experience, to include general networking systems, software tool development, and technical writing.
- For the Advanced Windows training roles, you must have 5 + years of experience in Engineering design, development, operations, training, or maintenance expertise with Microsoft Windows operating systems (2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Win Server 2008, Win Server 2012, Win 7, Win 8), including device driver and kernel-level development.
- For the Advanced UNIX training roles, you must have 5+ years of experience in Engineering (Electrical/Software/Network) design with UNIX/Linux. Experience shall include in-depth knowledge of device drivers, security features (SELinux, iptables, process accounting), and kernel level development and modifications.
Masters degree in Computer Science or related fields is preferred for Senior level roles.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship
- DoD TS/SCI clearance (SSBI completed and current).
- A polygraph will be required (or completed within last 5 years).
No attachments will be accepted. Please email content of resume, references, work samples and preferred location (if applicable) to email@example.com.