Software Engineering Intern
Software Engineering Intern
root9B is looking for an intern with experience in software design, coding and debugging. This knowledge is essential for all applicants. Experience gained in the classroom and through personal application will be accepted. Software Engineers at root9B are researchers and developers who yearn to create and implement complex computer science solutions. root9B is focused on providing software and hardware level information security / cyber security solutions for both our private and public sector clients.
root9B’s cybersecurity internship will provide students with the opportunity to work alongside experts in the cybersecurity field. Focus areas for the intern may include:
- Active Adversary Pursuit (HUNT) operations.
- Intrusion detection and prevention analysis.
- Malware identification and analysis.
- Security awareness and education.
- Vulnerability identification and analysis.
- Threat identification and analysis.
- Social engineering scenario or operational cyber tool development.
- Develop applications (coding, programming).
- Documentation and testing new software applications.
- Assessment of new application ideas.
- Research competitor offerings.
Applicants should have excellent analytical and math skills, with the ability to work in teams. We are looking for students majoring in Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering or Mathematics ideally.
Computer Science/Network Engineering, Mathematics, Information Security, or a related technical field.
Interns are considered valuable members of the root9B team, and therefore may earn many of the benefits available to full-time employees, including:
- Real-world experience with leading-edge technologies.
- Competitive salaries.
- Networking with information security leaders.
- Consideration for full-time employment when you graduate.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3.0 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Quick learners with a proven record of ramping up on new concepts and technologies.
- Availability to intern over the summer/fall months.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program.
- Experience in systems software or algorithms.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments and APIs.
- Excellent implementation skills (C, C++, Java, Python).
Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills, and demonstrated leadership ability are all advantages. Versatility and the flexibility to adapt to new situations are essential.
Note: Interns must be US citizens, and complete a required background investigation including drug screening.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information (in a single email) to firstname.lastname@example.org. There may also be an assessment process to identify best-qualified candidates. Please submit resumes no later than 8 December 2017. Selected interns will be notified by 12 January 2018.