Software engineering intern
root9B is looking for an intern with experience in software design, coding and debugging. This knowledge is essential for all applicants. Experience gained in the classroom and through personal application will be accepted.
Software Engineers at root9B are researchers and developers who yearn to create and implement complex computer science solutions. root9B is focused on providing software and hardware level information security / cyber security solutions for both our private and public sector clients.
root9B’s cybersecurity internship will provide students with the opportunity to work alongside experts in the cybersecurity field. Focus areas for the intern may include:
• Active Adversary Pursuit (HUNT) operations
• Intrusion detection and prevention analysis
• Malware identification and analysis
• Security awareness and education
• Vulnerability identification and analysis
• Threat identification and analysis
• Social engineering scenario or operational cyber tool development
• Develop applications (coding, programming)
• Documentation and testing new software applications
• Assessment of new application ideas
• Research competitor offerings
Applicants should have excellent analytical and math skills, with the ability to work in teams. We are looking for students majoring in Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering or Mathematics ideally.
Computer Science/Network Engineering, Mathematics, Information Security, or a related technical field.
Interns are considered valuable members of the root9B team, and therefore may earn many of the benefits available to full-time employees, including:
• Real-world experience with leading-edge technologies
• Competitive salaries
• Networking with information security leaders
• Consideration for full-time employment when you graduate
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
• 3.0 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
• Quick learners with a proven record of ramping up on new concepts and technologies
• Availability to intern over the summer/fall months
• Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program.
• Experience in systems software or algorithms.
• Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
• Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments and APIs.
• Excellent implementation skills (C, C++, Java, Python).
Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills, and demonstrated leadership ability are all advantages. Versatility and the flexibility to adapt to new situations are essential.
Note: Interns must be US citizens, and complete a required background investigation including drug screening.
Where We are Located
All software engineering internships are within root9B’s Emerging Technologies Directorate, which is responsible for research and development, located in San Antonio, Texas.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information (in a single email) to firstname.lastname@example.org. There may also be an assessment process to identify best-qualified candidates. Please submit resumes no later than 4 February 2017. Selected interns will be notified by 10 March 2017.
Founded in 2011, root9B is a dynamic provider of sensitive Cyber Security and Intelligence training capabilities, operational support, consulting services, and associated technology desired by the United States Government and Commercial Organizations for Cyber Operations. root9B’s personnel are nationally recognized and trusted providers of cyber services across the Defense, Civil, Intelligence and Commercial communities, achieving intelligence requirements for missions and enterprises globally. We are dedicated to the delivery of cyber solutions and services based on technical innovation and professional excellence.
root9B boasts a deeply committed workforce of US military and Law Enforcement veterans with extensive experience in Cyber operations. As veterans, we are committed to the security of the United States of America and the advancement of cyber capabilities. root9B offers clients world-class cyber security consulting services, advanced exploitation and forensics training capabilities, and Cyber test range operations. root9B possesses a deep understanding of the synchronization of the cyber spectrum to include operational integration and advanced technology operations throughout the information environment. These efforts include multi-faceted exploitation, intelligence and area of responsibility (AOR) specific tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP). root9B personnel are well versed in the Find, Fix, Finish, Exploit, Analyze and Disseminate intelligence cycle.
root9B security professionals have decades of experience in network exploitation and vulnerability assessments. Recognized by their peers within the National Intelligence Community, root9B is respected as the subject matter experts in the field of advanced, offensive and defensive network operations. Our personnel are routinely tasked with the most advanced and challenging operations within critical mission areas. root9B combines cutting edge technology, tactics development, and vast mission experience with a focus on emerging threats to continuously position us ahead of the adversary. With thousands of “real-world” operations, root9B professionals have perfected their tradecraft allowing them to routinely develop solutions to the most complex scenarios.