Senior IT Network Engineer
Senior IT Network Engineer
The Computer Systems Engineer will be focused on building, configuring and maintaining a first of its kind cyber center. The operational cyber center infrastructure will mainly be a virtual environment with Cisco networking devices and connectivity to databases a remote site. This will require the incumbent to team with remote employees who will support efforts to architect, procure and configure the network and virtual environment. Strong communication skills, the ability to both work independently and within a team are requirements for this position.
This full time salaried position. Performing within budget and meeting schedule commitments and program milestones will also be required. The individual will be required to work with various divisions within root9B to ensure integration of operational requirements are support by the APC network.
- Work with various teams to develop hardware and software specifications for new and upgraded systems.
- Perform system configurations and integration testing of various software installations, patching, and upgrades to Windows and Linux servers, Microsoft SQL, VMWare vSphere and Horizon product lines, Cisco networking devices, and other infrastructure systems.
- Provides escalation support for APC staff on operation system setup, security, backup and restore and application & operations issues, and present daily operational status to APC leadership on status of infrastructure related issues.
- Support and troubleshooting infrastructure systems, networks, and applications. Provide after-hours on-call support that may require travel to other root9B supported sites.
- Monitor and perform analysis of the root9B operational network; responsible for any design and development changes required to maximize uptime, minimize performance bottlenecks and take appropriate steps to resolve security breaches and prevent future attacks.
- Supports external access to customers while maintains a secure system environment.
- Must remain current on emerging technologies and standards.
- Ensures that all systems and infrastructure applications comply with all security standards, including but not limited to: SSAE16, GLBA, NIST, security and privacy rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of ten (10) years education and/or technical experience in the administering and maintaining of IT infrastructure in an enterprise setting.
- Extensive experience in system engineering to optimally support the total systems requirements of the customer and successfully turn into accepted solutions.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of computer and network systems, hardware, high-level software languages, and databases.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in various infrastructure and desktop virtualization platforms, notably VMware products.
- Experience implementing and maintaining a unified configuration management / maintenance solutions focusing on multiple system delivery to underlying sub-systems.
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices and systems and assist in the evaluation software / hardware products.
- Researches problems discovered by quality assurance or product support and develops solutions to the problems, while understanding the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues
- Must have experience leading mid to large-size projects focused on heavily virtualized environments and wide scale multi-site interconnecting networks, leveraging various computer security products or tools (auditing, intrusion detection, password cracker, etc.)
- Must have experience managing and maintaining a Microsoft Active Directory environment. Additional knowledge of leveraging two-factor authentication is preferred.
- Experience configuring and maintaining various networking solutions, including but not limited to deploying and/or integrating VPN, MPLS, OTV, LISP, and VDC services.
- Experience configuring and maintaining enterprise class SAN/NAS arrays.
- Must demonstrate understanding of hacker techniques, security vulnerabilities, and how they apply to threat models and incorporate knowledge into viable solutions.
- Hands-on experience with data visualization, analytics tools/languages/libraries, or security analytics technologies is required.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, etc is required
- Experience in configuration control of security architecture tools and services, including but not limited to: 1) Application Whitelisting Software tools, 2) Log aggregation tools, 3) IPS/IDS signatures and scripting, 4) Firewalls and Security Gateways.
- Additional experience in the following is also desired: 1) Integrated Voice Solutions, 2) Penetration testing tools and techniques knowledge, 3) Reversing tools and techniques, and 4) computer forensics experience.
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from four-year College or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certificate/License: MCSE/MCSA, RHCE/RHCSA, CCNA/CCNP, and VCA/VCP preferred, but not required. 3-5 years related work experience with a record of increasing responsibilities may be substituted for each discipline.
- Other industry standard certifications a plus
- Relevant military training and experience in cyber security and software development
** DoDD 8570 or CISSP certification may be required.
No attachments will be accepted. Please email content of resume, references, work samples and preferred location (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.