Unrivaled Dedication to The Craft
Network Defense Analyst II
Network Defense Analyst II
San Antonio, TX
- Work in a shift-based schedule within a 24X7 Adversary Pursuit Center.
- Take ownership of, triage, and update tickets generated by a CRM ticketing system.
- Respond to inbound phone and electronic requests for technical assistance with root9B’s security monitoring applications.
- Manage all customer situations in a professional and courteous business manner with an emphasis on customer relationship and satisfaction. Assess and escalate to next level as needed.
- Keep customers abreast of problem status, set clear expectations and provide timely follow-up to customers on a daily basis.
- Meet service level agreements regarding response time and customer notification as it pertains to root9B’s Security Monitoring and Management Services.
- Document all communications with customers and intradepartmental constituents related to outstanding technical issues in order to escalate to next level.
- Remotely assist with advanced technical support related to the management and monitoring of customer security devices.
- Provide log/network/malware/device analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions.
- Develop guidance on mitigation strategies and defense techniques relative to trends and events in the global threat landscape.
- Assist security staff with incident management, security strategy, and publication of security intelligence.
- Follow established Change Management procedures to tune platform security policy with use cases, threat libraries, and watch list details for better threat detection and threat recognition.
- Generate internal and/or external documentation, such as detailed procedures, playbooks, and operational metrics reports.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer care skills.
- Understand and apply common security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53 and/or ISO 27000.
- Maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- 2-6 years of relevant IT and security experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills.
- General understanding of intrusion detection, firewall operations, and other general security practices, Unix/Linux OS and computer network fundamentals.
- General working knowledge/experience of network systems, security principles, and applications.
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, such as Splunk, ArcSight, or Q-Radar.
- Knowledge of client service principles and commitment to client service.
- Knowledge of general software and internet applications.
- Certificate/Licenses such as CISSP, CISA, CEH certifications are preferred.
- Relevant military training and experience in cyber security and other industry standard certifications are a plus.
No attachments will be accepted. Please email content of resume, references, work samples and preferred location (if applicable) to careers@root9B.com.